Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Meet Tammy Thompson, Author

Tammy Thompson is 26 and lives in Pittsburgh, PA. She's a college graduate with a bachelor's in Psychology, and she will be soon be going back to earn her master's degree. Tammy has written her autobiography and made the book available to read for free online on her website, God's Great Glory.

1. How long did it take you to write your autobiography?

I started writing my autobiography when I was 15. As the years went on, I continued to write about my experiences while I was going through them. At completion, it took ten years to finish the book.

2. What inspired you to write down your personal story to share with others?

I originally never knew I was going to end up writing my autobiography. As mentioned earlier, I started writing my story at the age of 15. At that time, I was residing in a shelter for teenage girls. We were all given journals and were told to write in them every day. Lucky for me I enjoyed writing. It dawned on me one day that I could turn my journal entries into something people could learn from--something inspiring.

3. Why did you decide to share your autobiography online on your website?

I wanted anyone to be able to access my story for free online. By creating a website, I knew I could also provide other resources for those who may be in need of help.

4. Are you planning to pursue a career in the ministry--or possibly in the helping professions such as social work?

I am planning to pursue a career in counseling. I am in the process of obtaining my master's degree, and then I want to become certified in grief counseling. I want to help people in any way I can.

5. Based on your personal experiences, what do you see as some specific ways that all of us could work on advocating for children in foster care?

Based on my personal experiences, I believe the foster care system is flawed. I was taken from one bad situation and put into an even worse situation by going into foster care. I believe there needs to be better resources for first-time foster parents so they can get a grasp on what their foster children will be going through and feeling. Essentially, there needs to be more support for these families.

Thanks, Tammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment