Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Meet Christine L. Robinson, Entrepreneur

Christine L. Robinson is a serial entrepreneur and the founder of MegaWebPromote and SocialAccelerator. She holds a Master's degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor's in Liberal Studies, and she served seven years in the U.S. Army. Christine is a personal development and business coach and is the author of two books.

1. Have you always wanted to be an entrepreneur?

It wasn't until I was in my early 30s that I realized I could be an entrepreneur. Like many people, I had to get to a point in life where I was able to take the leap into being self-employed and make following my passion a reality.

2. What inspired you to start MegaWebPromote.com and SocialAccelerator.info?

My inspiration for starting MegaWebPromote and SocialAccelerator is the desire to help small businesses grow. Having once been there, I understand that it is difficult to balance every aspect of the business. As a business coach, I would give clients strategies on how to increase traffic and engage in meaningful social media marketing, right after telling them that as one person there is only so much they could accomplish in a day. I had to ask myself, why am I telling my clients to outsource a service I could provide; MegaWebPromote and SocialAccelerator were born from that self-reflective question.

3. Why is it so hard for many small businesses to get traffic to their sites, even when they are posting new and informative content?

In my opinion, it is hard for small businesses to get traffic to their sites because the World Wide Web is so vast and there is so much content that it is easy for a site to get lost. You could have the best blog about dog training, but if you don't have daily traffic to your site, and a strong social media following, how many people aren't reading the best dog training blog? The other problem that I think small businesses face is resources; most small business owners don't have a dedicated employee who can spend all their time generating traffic and/or creating content. It can be a difficult juggling act when trying to focus on the people and product of the business. It's important to outsource what you are unable to do, so that you get the results without having to spread yourself thin or neglect other aspects of the business.

4. I think a lot of people get overwhelmed by the idea of establishing a social media presence and end up undertaking a scattershot, inefficient approach. What do you suggest as a starting point--or as a way to start anew when social media seems flat?

I think the starting point for a business' social media presence is to figure out what you would like to gain from being on social media; is it a means of showcasing your product, engaging clients, sharing content, or providing information/research to funnel potential clients through a sales funnel? Once you have a purpose in place, it is easier to tailor the content so it can be effective and yield results.

5. What are your goals for 2016?

My goal for 2016 is to continue to follow my dreams and live life to the fullest. I know that is what everyone says, but I truly believe in being happy in the present. When you are genuinely the best you that you can be, everything else falls into place; and life is just better!

Thanks, Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment