Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Meet Universal Games Team, Creator of Neon 2 Cars Racing Saga on Google Play

Universal Games Team has created a number of creative mobile apps available in the Google Play store. One such app is called Neon 2 Cars Racing and has received (at the time of this writing in early January of 2016) nearly 500 reviews, with an average of 4.6 stars.

It's a neat, tablet-optimized game that lets you race two neon cars--you control both cars at the same time, which makes it challenging to keep both moving in a straight line. The game has obstacles as well as things to collect as you race. You can challenge and compare scores with players all over the world using a leaderboard function as well as social media sharing.

Reviewers are calling it addictive, fun, and more. Our interview below is with the creator of the game.

1. How did you first get started creating apps?

I'm a self-taught designer. I picked it up from books and researching on the internet. As I learned more about apps, I started experimenting with my first hands-on introduction to building a simple user interface and handling user input. I got started by learning to use Android Studio and SDK manager, Android app design.

2. What do you like best about the process of app design?

I like to keep dreaming for ideas. It's a really creative process, and there is no end to the different apps a person can develop.

3. How do you come up with the ideas for your apps?

As I work, I draw from a lot of different influences. For this particular game, I was inspired by my enjoyment of cartoons, as well as action and adventure racing games. Neon technologies further inspire me. I also wanted to make this game a perfect fit for those that want to test their reflexes.

4. What inspired you to create Neon 2 Cars Racing Saga?

In short, I wanted to combine the beautiful properties of neon, and car racing games. I wanted a design that people would enjoy looking at, with relaxing music to listen to while they played. My goal was to create a perfect game for girls and for boys.

5. In your opinion, what separates a good app from a great one?

A great app design is one that will balance appearance with function. It should be a frustratingly-addictive game and a free game!

Learn more at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neon.cartoon.twocars.

No comments:

Post a Comment