If you want to learn more about Adhang.com, click here for an overview of the company and their services.
1. How and why did Adhang.com first get started?
Adhang.com started in Nigeria by assembling a group of talented online professionals both local and international to render online promotion services to Nigerian companies, individuals, and people who work with the government. This was an idea I had been nursing for years but felt that Nigerian market wasn't ripe for Adhang.com and might want free ads instead, because most Nigerian companies and individuals started participating in internet activities by getting and expecting virtually everything online for free. This very belief was fueled by Yahoo free email accounts and search, Google search and free email accounts, and many internet marketers who advertise free downloads of all kind of things. But these days, Nigerian consumers/users are wiser and understand now the limitation of wanting to get everything free--they see the need for working with a professional online marketing agency like Adhang.com to handle their internet promotion.
Why Adhang.com started is to help and manage internet advertising for manufacturers and business owners who want to attract buyers for their products and services, Nigerian politicians or political parties who want to attract electorates via online promotion, Nigeria's government to reach masses on any issue important to the government of the day, event organizers to attract participants, etc. Adhang.com does this by undertaking virtually all promotional elements online such as personal selling, direct marketing, publicity, advertising, and more.
2. What are some specific areas of knowledge that your company can offer regarding reaching consumers in Nigeria?
Adhang.com has talented professionals that specialize in virtual marketing communication tools needed for reaching consumers in Nigeria. For example, in the area of "personal selling," our script writers write scripts, and we employ spokespeople to talk to the target audience. In the area of "direct marketing," our copy writers write persuasive articles and content directed to the right consumers. In the area of "publicity," our writers write press releases and publish them on online media sites. And in the area of "advertising," our ad gurus and banner arts designers design online banners that will appear to consumers. Adhang.com has extensive knowledge in using major online media platforms such as Google, Yahoo, Cokoye, Facebook, LinkedIn, Microsoft Adcenter, YouTube, article directories, online slide presentations, and so on.
3. Do you think that international businesses need to pay more attention to the Nigerian market?
Yes, I think international businesses need to pay more attention to Nigeria's market because Nigeria has the biggest economy in the continent of Africa, and Nigeria has the highest population in the continent. These facts alone are huge enough for businesses to pay attention to the Nigerian market.
4. Why is internet advertising so important to businesses today, and how can a business owner choose which form(s) of advertising would be best for them?
Internet advertising is extremely important in the business world today because virtually everything we know and do today is moving to the internet such as reading, entertainment, research, social networking, communication, conference meetings, etc. Also, the internet has all levels of users that can be identified by age, sex, educational level, financial resources, time spent online and on which platform, location, etc. This means that no matter the kind of consumer or audience a business needs to target, the audience members are already on internet.
What Nigerian business owners need to do is tell Adhang.com what their advertising objectives are, and then Adhang.com employs its expertise in online advertising to achieve the objectives by incorporating online media platforms around the world: this is our job and what we do on a daily basis on the internet.
5. When it comes to effectively reaching the Nigerian audience, do you have some tips for potential advertisers?
When it comes to effectively reaching the Nigerian audience, the method that is certain is paid online marketing. I will try comparing some methods a bit below:
- Yahoo, Bing, and Google organic searches are free, but unless the whole world is talking about you currently, it might take months or years for your message to be in these search engines' first pages, and depending on the nature of the message, it might never show at all. When you pay for display advertising, you start seeing your ads immediately by the sides, on top, and on the bottom of all these search engines guaranteed.
- With Cokoye.com you can add advertising messages in your signature for free, but you need to be very active in Cokoye.com by participating in the discussions in the forum for your signature to be seen and promoted. When you pay for Cokoye banner ads, your banner starts displaying all over the Cokoye.com website immediately to hundreds of thousands of users and visitors without any other work on your part. Not only is the paid banner effective, but this simply allows you to use your time for something else.
- You can have social networking accounts and fan pages on places such as Facebook, Cokoyes, LinkedIn, etc, but nobody will know they exist unless you tell them, promote your pages, and remain active on your pages--and at the same time, with all these efforts, you might still achieve little or nothing. But when you pay for sponsored ads, your ads/messages will be displaying to millions of these social network users' walls. This again is not only effective, but it gives you time to focus on something else more important to you.
Is important to note here that unless you know what you're doing, paying money to internet advertising platforms directly and not employing a professional internet advertising agency does not guarantee it will be effective. This is where Adhang.com comes in. The good news is that on our website, we have plans which enable Nigerian advertisers (companies, individuals, and government) to advertise on the platforms mentioned above and major online advertising media around the world at once and under one contract. Advertisers need not to go to all these platforms one by one. Adhang.com takes care of them under one contract.