Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Meet Sheena, Founder of Mint Chocolate Solutions: Business and IT Services

Sheena, the founder of Mint Chocolate Solutions, helps take business ideas from inception to opening day. At Mint Chocolate Solutions, Sheena & company help build brands in a unique way by creating custom QR codes which link to your social media, blog, website, and more! They also develop mobile apps and take on other tech-related services to help businesses grow.

1. What inspired you to start Mint Chocolate Solutions, and how did you choose the name?

I had a supervisor ask me, "What would you do even if you didn't get paid?", and I retorted, "There is no profession I would do without getting paid! I will find a way to profit from it." I have had multiple businesses that did not fulfill me over the years. Weeks later, his question finally made sense! I love helping other businesses develop and grow. Most of my peers and friends have a lot of great ideas; however, they do not know how to start, or are afraid to make that leap. I've been in the business of startups several times over. Additionally, startup businesses often have no IT training or experience--so I consider myself their personal business and IT consultant; they appreciate having everything in one place.

Mint was my color for the whole year! I started adding mint to my wardrobe and even toward the renovation of my house! When searching for a name for this new consulting business, I actually consulted with my 9 year old daughter, who was aware of my new mint obsession. And she told me, "Mommy, you really like chocolate. Why don't you name your business, Mint Chocolate something..." I kissed her and told her she was a genius, and Mint Chocolate Solutions was born!

2. Why are custom QR codes so important to businesses?

In the business of branding, standing out from the rest is oh so important. When I saw the benefit of jazzing up your own logo with the benefit of connecting with your customers, I knew I had to spread the word to the public. All my clients absolutely love the uniqueness the QR xode adds to their repertoire.

3. What are some ways for people to get their QR codes out there more and see more clickthroughs?

Anywhere you would feel the need to put your logo will be a place to add your QR code. When people see a QR Code, they are tempted to scan it--even more so when it is different from any code they have seen. (The ugly black and white codes are the most common.)

4. Would you tell us a little more about your app creation services?

Customers are not just going mobile--they ARE mobile. Everyone and their mother--literally--has a smart phone and knows how to use it! If a user can simply click through to order items, view content and comment or purchase shoes, they are more likely to do business with you. We are competitively priced within the market and are always available to our clients.

5. In talking with people who own small businesses, what is your advice in terms of when it's time to consider outsourcing some tech needs to a company like yours--and why is this outsourcing a good investment?

Money is always a factor with small businesses; however, time is a bigger factor. When you feel as if there are not enough hours in the day, then it is time to outsource. When you are losing precious moments with your loved ones, it is time to outsource. There is an understanding that there is a sacrifice; however, don't lose sight of what is really important: it is easy to get caught up. There are many resources out there where you can receive the assistance you need without breaking the bank. Take one step at a time, and delegate like a good manager!

Thanks, Sheena!

No comments:

Post a Comment