1. As a community for people in the automotive industry, what does DealerTalk.co seek to publish?
We are looking to communicate content from small to medium sized businesses who are specialists in their own niche of the automotive market. By giving the "small guy" a platform to talk from, we hope to build a user base that will create conversation and interaction.
2. Where do you find content to share on your site?
We are active on Google+, and we have many requests from businesses to promote their thoughts, which we are happy to do! We have a number of other sites and forums which we participate in and find that the dialogue often creates relationships with other like-minded individuals.
3. What do you see as some of the most interesting topics in the auto world today?
The subprime bubble! We are still feeling the aftershocks of the housing crash, and yet we are heading into the same disaster with used car loans.
4. How have you seen automotive professionals increase their offline business by becoming more active online?
Absolutely! One of the dealers I work with at present now generates over 50% of their sales from the web. Almost 10% of this now comes from social media!
5. Do you have any tips when it comes to writing in an effective/engaging way about auto-related topics?
Be passionate about it. Also, I try to find topics which I can break down into a series. That way one great topic covers many articles!