Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Promotional Merchandise: It's Easier Than You Might Think

Even the smallest of small businesses can promote their brand using promotional merchandise. There are a lot of companies online that let you buy promo items in limited quantities, so you can find creative ways to get the word out without breaking the bank. I enjoyed reading this article on brand recognition with promotional merchandise because the author lists several simple ways that you can use promotional merchandise to share your company name or other important message(s) with the world.

One of the techniques mentioned in the article is to work with a print-on-demand company like VistaPrint. I have had great experiences with VistaPrint myself. They have templates you can use, so you don't have to be a designer to create a nice-looking print piece. Or if you are a designer (or have hired one!), you can upload your own designs. Their finished products look good, and the delivery is pretty fast, too (I always select the "slowest" delivery option, and my package still arrives within a couple weeks).

I like to have postcards printed with my poems on them to give away when I do a reading, teach a class, etc. One time I even had a t-shirt printed with the name of my website on it. More than anything, I think people appreciate it when they see you've taken the time to create a unique gift for them. I see my postcards as tiny gift items. I think people remember you in a positive way when you've shared something with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment