Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Tiny Zine about Writing Found Poetry

When I'm not busy blogging or (more likely) working at my day job (teaching English), I like to write poems, and I also like to make zines. I have a special interest in writing poems that use found text. What are found poems, you ask? Well, I just made a little zine to explain what found poems are, and it includes a couple of fun writing exercises so that you can start writing them, too. They are a fun activity to do with kids as well, and the zine focuses on involving visual elements as you compose--in a way, you could say that found poems are the literary equivalent of collage.

Anyway! If you'd like to check out my zine, I've just listed it in my etsy shop. It only costs $1.00, plus the cost of postage!

No comments:

Post a Comment