Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Meet Justin Michael Woods, Designer of Forgotten Citizen

Justin Michael Woods is an actor, writer, model, TV producer, and now fashion designer. His active lifestyle fashion brand, Forgotten Citizen, is making its debut this year at New York Fashion Week. Justin is also an engineer and a military veteran, and Forgotten Citizen expresses his beliefs toward the importance of the United States doing more for its veterans. Learn more about Justin and Forgotten Citizen by clicking here.

1. What made you decide to create your own fashion line?

I've always been a big guy. I have thick legs and a booty. I got tired of always having to squeeze my body into sizes that never properly fit my body type and did absolutely nothing for my frame. I'm big but I have an athletic build.

2. Where do you find the inspiration for the clothing that makes up Forgotten Citizen?

Forgotten Citizen is extremely dark and edgy. You will find minimal bright colors here. It's for the most part, monochrome. Black/Grey/Off White. My inspiration comes from the 1920s with a touch of The Addams Family.

3. How do you balance your work in acting and directing with your work in fashion?

In between takes or while on my lunch break on set, I find/make the time to sketch and design. I've even gone as far as to bring my portable hand sewing machine to set. After 15-18 hours on set, I walk out with either a new design concept or a full article of clothing to add to my collection. To answer your question, I'd say I am an expert at time management.

4. What are some TV and movie projects we'll be seeing you in soon?

You can see me in two upcoming episodes of NBC's Shades of Blue starring Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta. I just wrapped my scenes on Madame Secretary, The Good Wife, Limitless, and Daredevil. Recently, I wrapped the Clint Eastwood-directed feature film Sully starring Tom Hanks, Aaron Eckhart, and Laura Linney. I'll also be appearking in How To Be Single and the two films I'm producing thru my entertainment company, Stone Wolf Entertainment, The Legacy of Cain and The Reunion.

5. Looking ahead, what are your long-term plans for Forgotten Citizen?

I see my brand on the set of major motion pictures. I'd love to be a costume designer for network television shows and major motion pictures. But more importantly, I want ALL body types to feel sexy and comfortable in my designs. I'd love for Forgotten Citizen to become a household name. I believe each and every one of us is sexy in our own unique individual way.

Thanks, Justin!

No comments:

Post a Comment