Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Meet Santo Artusa, Attorney

Santo Artusa, Esq of the Artusa Law Firm is an attorney who focuses on family law and divorce cases in New Jersey, primarily in Hudson and Essex County, NJ.

He started the firm right after law school as he worked in sales, marketing, and trading before becoming a lawyer. He also interned for a federal judge.

Learn more about Santo and his law practice by visiting his website, http://topjerseycitydivorcelawyers.com.

1. What made you decide to shift your career path and become a lawyer?

I left Wall Street and the sales industry after I had a family law situation and realized how important it was to have a lawyer in court. From there, I knew I wanted to be a lawyer, so I went to Rutgers Law School at night after working in Manhattan every day and with two young children at home.

2. How did you decide on family law and divorce as your specialty?

I chose family law and divorce because it is one of the specialties in the law that can have a direct impact immediately on someone's life.

3. What do you enjoy most about your job?

I enjoy when a client is happy and justice is done. It is harder than you think to prove to the judge who is honest and who is trying to deceive the court.

4. Do you run into any common misconceptions that people have when it comes to divorce proceedings?

The two most common misconceptions I come across as a divorce and family law in New Jersey is that people think judges want to hear about affairs or misdeeds their spouse has committed only to find out from me that the law does not take these acts into account when dividing assets or awarding alimony. The other is that people only see us working in court, but the majority of our work is preparation and paperwork.

5. Why did you decide to base your practice in the Hudson and Essex County area of New Jersey?

I decided to work primarily in Hudson and Essex County because I have lived here for over ten years. I understand the people here, and I can relate to them.

Thanks, Santo!

No comments:

Post a Comment