Naina Vaish, Evangelist N CEO, drives this company. She has been an active environmental steward herself and now wants to not only encourage individuals to adopt a Green lifestyle but also excite and expose them to this lifestyle through her blog. Naina is a strong believer that "Change needs to happen bottoms up--it is the individuals who need to drive the Green Revolution in their everyday lives."
1. What inspired you to start Green N Brown?
We are a firm believer that change has to happen from the bottom up--it is the individuals who have to make little/subtle changes to their everyday lives to make this world a greener place to live. With this in mind, we created Green N Brown with a conscious decision to present a ubiquitous online store that offers Green i.e. eco-friendly and Brown i.e. natural alternatives (hence Green N Brown) to people across several product categories that they can access from the comforts of their homes.
2. How do you choose the suppliers and products to feature on your site?
Each of our products undergoes a rigorous process before selection. All the products available on site have been hand-picked and thoroughly analyzed by our in-house research team for its eco footprint.
3. Could you tell us a little more about the fair trade, artisan created, handmade jewelry available on your site?
The wide range of fair-trade jewelry and hand made décor on our store are sourced from across nations: Haiti, Kenya, Africa, and Asia. Fair trade provides under- and unemployed artisans with an opportunity to earn vital income and improve their quality of life by establishing a sustainable market for their handcrafted products. We bring the best from several countries to the American consumers when it comes to Green. People can access all these products which were not accessible to them before from all these countries right from their homes.
4. Your hemp backpacks are also a popular item. What makes hemp a good material for book bags, laptop bags, and similar products?
Yes our hemp bags and backpack are one of the best sellers. What makes hemp bags so popular amongst the customers is that hemp grows well without the use of herbicides or pesticides making it environmentally sustainable.
1. It is one of the most durable natural fibers that exists and has very high tensile strength.
2. Hemp softens with use and yet remains hard-wearing.
3. Hemp fabrics dye very effectively and retain color well over time.
4. Hemp has good resistance to mold and is fire-retardant.
With a huge range of hemp bags for every walk of life, you are sure to find the style and color you want.
5. What else would you like readers to know about your business?
While people are aware of the benefits of green lifestyle and are willing to adopt it, they are often short of alternative products that are greener than the conventional options. At Green N Brown, we carry a diverse range of green products across several product categories in a bid to offer enough green options for consumers to pick and choose from. We are a one stop shop for green products for a healthy lifestyle