Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Meet TheJonno57 (Jon Bachtold), YouTuber

TheJonno57 (Jon Bachtold) describes himself as a crazy guy who likes to mix comedy with serious topics. He says that his humor though is his kind of humor, which isn't always what's popular at the moment, but he's not gonna conform! Jon is a big believer in believing in oneself, having confidence, and abiding in faith.

Check out his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/THEJonno57. And follow him on Instagram and Twitter.

1. How do you get your ideas for what to make videos about?

For my show, "Jon Rants," inspiration for topics to convey will hit me at the most random times! I am always constantly writing down ideas in the note section on my phone. Also, I will sometimes receive ideas from my few, AMAZING fans and give my opinions on various subjects. I always try to be myself when I talk about anything. This isn't always seen as funny to everyone, but I am a big believer in being one's self! So, When someone watches a video of mine, I want them to get 100% me.

2. How frequently do you try to upload new stuff--and where do you share your videos in addition to YouTube?

I have two things that I upload on a consistent basis. Fridays, I upload the show "Jon Rants" where I give my opinion on certain topics. Mondays, I upload vlogs of really stupid crap that I do :P If someone is trying to find me on the interwebs, Twitter/Instagram is where I share most of the time: @Jonnob57 for both if anyone is wondering. Also, I share content on Facebook on the rare occasion I get on there.

3. Do you ever feel like you're making a video because you think it will help you gain more views/followers, or do you always make the videos you want to make, regardless of what others might like or not?

I have followers?

Now if I was really witty, I would have ended my statement there!

In a recent video of mine, Don't Care No More, I talked about how this year I'm going to not care what other think of me. So I this year I am focusing what God wants me to do and not what others want me to do. I have some "haters," if you will, that I feel like I have to appeal to, too. I'm going to not focus on what these individuals are saying and focus on doing what I feel is right!

4. When it comes to following other people on YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter, what tends to catch your interest?

People I like to watch are people with their own sense of humor. People who aren't scared to be themselves are always interesting for me to watch/follow. I also am a HUGE music fan. There are lots of bands I love to keep tabs on. So what catches my interest? Well, originality, confidence, and hilarity!

5. Do you find connections between your online projects and your day job (etc), or are they mostly pretty separate?

Being a Youtuber, I am constantly having to push my personality to the limit. This has helped my in the outside world with talking to strangers. Very awesome tool! However, knowing when to pull the camera out and when to live in the moment is a thing I am currently learning. Some things need to be an experience between friends, and other things need to be shared with the world! I don't want to end up being "that guy" if you know what I mean.

Thanks, Jon!

2 comments: