Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Meet Madisen Thero of Mouse Reels, a Disney Podcast

Madisen Thero is a junior Zoology major at Colorado State University. She is a member of the CSU Marching Band and is currently serving as Flute Section Leader. In her spare time, she podcasts with Jesse Barrett of WDW Through Jesse's Eyes on Mouse Reels and has a video blog channel on YouTube.

1. How did you decide to start a podcast about Disney movies?

Jesse and I talk many times during the week, and one day he said we should do a Disney podcast, so I said "Why not?".

2. What is it about Disney movies that keeps you coming back to them as a viewer?

The nostalgia kick is always there, growing up on all things Disney/Pixar as my family members are also fans. I also put the movies on to remind myself of the beautiful storytelling there; one of the closest things we have to magic is good storytelling, and Disney certainly paved the way for that. Also, as a college student, I need a pick-me-up once in a while.

3. Do you find that you have different feelings toward movies that you first saw as a child (like The Lion King) and movies you saw for the first time as an adult (like Frozen)?

Of course! With my childhood favorites, it's hard to say anything bad about them since they are dear to my heart. I go into the new movies I see with an open mind, and the analysis happens usually happens around the second time I see it. I have both enjoyed and not enjoyed some of the newer films.

4. What are some examples of topics you've covered--and plan to cover soon!--on Mouse Reels?

We've done a lot of the classics--Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, etc--and we also do a lot of lists, such as Top 5 Villains or Top 10 Songs. I really want to dive into the Pixar movies soon, much to Jesse's dismay!

5. Do you have plans to expand the podcast into other projects related to Disney movies?

We try to analyze and keep up with the new material as it presents itself, so if the opportunity arises, Jesse and I will most likely talk about it!

Thanks, Madisen!

No comments:

Post a Comment