1. How do you decide which products to feature on your site?
It's a mixture of both cost (of the product and bringing the product in), demand by our customers, and budget. Depending on the time of year, we cycle through what is available on our site, trying to balance range with depth.
2. Were you selling products in a brick-and-mortar location before you decided to start selling online?
No, we've always been an online store. We launched our first site, Starlit Citadel, as an online only store and only added Fortress Geek as another online store recently.
3. Approximately how much do buyers in Canada save in terms of shipping and duty charges by shopping on your site?
It depends on what they buy and how much, but quite often in the range of $20 to $30 per order. That's not counting any brokerage fees they might be charged.
4. Do you think most people who are looking to buy geek culture products tend to prefer shopping online?
I think it's a great option for many, and because of how big and spread out Canada is, shopping online for specialized items like geek products is sometimes the only choice.
5. How do you hope to grow your site over the next year or so?
Greatly! With more sales, we intend to continue expanding the range of products that we carry on our site to cater to even more customers and allow greater choice.