Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Meet Stacy-Ann Walker, Entrepreneur

Stacy-Ann Walker is a 30-something professional who finally decided to follow her passion and open an online store, Leigh-Ann's, specializing in trendy styles for confident plus size women. She juggles a full-time job, motherhood, and a budding business, which keeps her very busy.

1. What had your experience with fashion been before starting Leigh-Ann’s in 2013?

Before I started Leigh-Ann's, I had always been a consumer of fashion. I love to shop and mix and match pieces to create the perfect look for any occasion. That's why launching my store was so much fun (it was stressful, too) because I got to shop not only for myself but for all my customers.

2. Where do you find the designs/clothing to feature on your site?

We carry designers from all over the globe. Europe has always led the way in embracing full-figured fashion, and most European designers are not afraid to be bold regardless of size. I do have some American and Australian designers who produce modern pieces that speak to my customers.

I am happy to announce that we have designed a few pieces that will be available in July. So look out, Leigh-Ann's the brand is coming soon...!

3. What feedback have you received from your customers since starting your business?

The feedback has been amazing! Since we have opened our doors, we have sold out of a number of items. I have gotten great reviews and requests from customers. I fact I have a waiting list for a few items that customers are waiting for me to restock.

Customers especially like the fact that I offer free exchanges and returns. Online shopping can be intimidating, but my customers know that can shop with ease knowing that they can return an item if it doesn't fit.

4. What do you think makes Leigh-Ann's unique in the market of clothing in plus sizes?

I think Leigh-Ann's is unique because we offer fun clothing. Designers tend to be safe when they design plus size clothing, but the truth is that curvy women can rock any style. We provide an outlet for our customers to shop the latest fashion trends in their size. The emphasis is on modern styles to really allow them to express who they are as women.

5. How do you find time to work on Leigh-Ann's while also working another full-time job and being a mom?

This is the hard part. My days are usually long, and I can honestly say I am sleep-deprived. I love what I do, so it is a constant juggling act to keep all the balls in the air. I think the fact that millions of women do it every day as they juggle careers and family life proves that I am not alone in this struggle. I am committed to my daughter, and and I am also committed to Leigh-Ann's, which is my other baby, so I just make it work.

Thanks, Stacy-Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment