Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Social Lotto Pool: A Lottery Pool for Virginia Residents

When I was a kid, my dad was part of an informal lottery pool. I don't know the details, but I remember him bringing home a few hundred dollars one time, and I thought it was very exciting! Well, my dad and his coworkers never hit it big, but the lottery is a constant source of intrigue for many of us. Some states have legal lottery pools that are more formalized than the one I remember from my childhood.

In the state of Virginia, there is a resource called Social Lotto Pool where players buy tickets online and participate in large lottery pools as an attempt to increase their odds of winning. Compared to buying a couple dollars' worth of lottery tickets on your own, it's a clever option to be able to share in the potential winnings with large groups of people pooling their money together. And with lottery prizes getting bigger and bigger, who would really mind sharing?

Managed by lottery enthusiasts, Social Lotto Pool's website has a FAQ section to answer your questions about playing. At this time, participation in the pool is legal for Virginia residents only. The site is hoping to expand participation to Georgia, so keep an eye out for site updates.

Here's a video with more information about how Social Lotto Pool works.

No comments:

Post a Comment