1. What inspired you to start SoshiTech--and how is it like (and unlike!) other blogs?
The technology, blogging, and internet industry in general inspired me to start SoshiTech. It is similar to other blogs in the way it covers certain areas of technology and startups. It is unlike other blogs in that SoshiTech covers a wide variety of topics such as social networking and search engine optimization.
2. Could you tell us a little more about the role that education plays in SoshiTech?
SoshiTech plans to educate people about what is happening in the technology and internet industry right now. Once you visit SoshiTech.com, you will have left the blog with more knowledge than when you first came in with. We try to provide resources that people will utilize in their everyday lives.
3. How do you find contributors for your site?
Contributors will usually contact us through an email with a few writing samples. Once their work is submitted, we will look it over for grammatical errors and publish it as soon as possible. Other contributors are already integrated into our system, and they publish their own posts as they please without having a member of our staff look over the original draft.
4. As a reader yourself, what topics do you personally find engaging?
Personally, I find some of these social networking websites to be pretty interesting. I also really enjoy reading business and finance sections as well. Search engine optimization is a topic which I am currently trying to learn more about.
5. What's your advice to bloggers who hope to learn from your example and expand their own readership?
My advice would be to focus on creating killer content, and everything else will fall into place. It is hard to be ignored when your content is good. Also, social media is a great way to increase your readership without having to spend a ton of money.