Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Meet Darren, Logo Designer on Fiverr

Darren is a designer with 11 years work experience who now offers his skills on a freelance basis, designing logos and doing Photoshop work on Fiverr, an online marketplace for affordable services starting at $5. Check out Darren's Fiverr gig for original logos here, and see samples of his work on his Pinterest page.

1. How did you first become interested in working as a designer?

I have always been interested in art. As a kid, I drew all the time. In the beginning, drawing people was most interesting to me. During my first year of college, I took a drawing class, and my teacher mentioned that she thought I'd be good at graphic design. Before that, I hadn't heard the term. The more I learned, the more interested I became. As an artist, my work gives me fulfillment. The work of other people moves me, and I hope to produce design that does that connects with others in the same way. Success, for me, has come as a result of loving what I do.

2. Why did you decide to start selling logo designs on Fiverr.com?

When we dream alone, it is only a dream, but when many dream together, it is the beginning of a new reality. Fiverr is a good place for freelance graphic designers: you can take control of your time, and there is an excellent customer service system, which I love.

3. What do your clients get for $5?

For $5 my clients will get the basic logo I designed in png or jpg format. I'm delivering only high quality logos. I'm not thinking about the price. This is a great opportunity for me to help people. If you do good work for good clients, it will lead to other good work for other good clients. If you do bad work for bad clients, it will lead to other bad work for other bad clients. Just carrying a ruler with you in your pocket should be forbidden, at least on a moral basis. The ruler is the symbol of the new illiteracy. The ruler is the symptom of the new disease, disintegration of our civilization.

4. In creating a logo, what do you consider in shaping your design?

I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares, as opposed to ugly things. That's my intent. I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things. A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

5. How do you see your freelance business growing over the next year or so?

It's through mistakes that you actually can grow. You have to get bad in order to get good. I'm trying in another freelance site, and I always have success such that my freelance job is growing hour by hour. I never fall in love with an idea. If the one you're with isn't doing the job, there's always, always, always another. I can only say that I'm growing now, for every minute I find that for myself, without exception, the more I deal with the work as something that is my own, as something that is personal, the more successful it is.

Thanks, Darren!

No comments:

Post a Comment