Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Meet Garrick McFadden, Attorney, Blogger, and Task Chair Connoisseur

Garrick McFadden is a husband and father, who lives in Arizona. He is a licensed attorney, a blogger, and obsessed with task chairs.

1. Why did you decide to start a blog about task chairs?

I fell in love with task chairs when I was in my third year of law school at the University of Southern California. I saw the Herman Miller Aeron Chair and I was stunned by how beautiful and how functional it was. This was, in my opinion, the first task chair. It transcended every other chair--it changed the game. So I took my student aid check and purchased it. Then about three years ago I bought a Herman Miller Embody chair and I had the same visceral reaction to it as I did to the Aeron chair. One of my passions in life is task chairs, so I stared my task chair review blog.

2. What is your favorite task chair?

I would say the Herman Miller Embody Chair. It is simply peerless and flawless.

3. Do you advocate people paying over $1,000.00 for a chair?

Yes, I spend 10 -14 hours a day sitting. I want to be comfortable. I believe you spend money on a great task chair, a great mattress, and great food--oh yeah, and international travel.

4. Do people laugh at you when they find how much your chairs cost?

Yes, they make fun of me. Then when they sit in my chair and they have to get up to go home, they become sad.

5. What task chair would you recommend to my audience and why?

The Herman Miller Mirra task chair is the one I would recommend, because it is (more) affordable and you can customize it for all of your needs.

Thanks, Garrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment