1. What inspired you to do marketing work within the real estate industry?
Both my parents were involved in real estate. Whereas most kids went to church, I grew up going to open houses on Sundays. I was never really pushed to join the family business, but it was always on the back of my mind. When I went to college, I majored in marketing and every time we had an assignment, I would always relate it to real estate marketing.
2. Based on your experience working with Calabasas Real Estate Agents, what do you find to be the features that make Calabasas a desirable place to live?
Calabasas is a beautiful place to live. Many actors and actresses live in Calabasas for its safety, beauty, and proximity to Los Angeles. The school system is also great and the school district has won many awards, which makes Calabasas a desirable place for families with children.
3. How would you describe the current real estate market in Calabasas?
The real estate market has been up and down, but we are seeing a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Prices are starting to rise and demand is definitely growing. We are experiencing an increase in traffic to our site and more people are looking to buy homes in Calabasas.
4. What does your background in marketing as well as computer science bring to your current position?
My background in computer science allows me to embrace new technology, something most real estate agents do not want to embrace. My marketing background gives me insight to best practices in digital and out of home marketing for real estate agents.
5. How can individual consumers utilize technology to help themselves on the path to either buying or selling a home?
Consumers can use the web to research real estate agents and evaluate which agent will most likely get the best deal for them. People used to rely on bus bench ads and home mailers, but more and more people are searching the web for real estate agents these days. This trend will continue and we anticipate smarter and more knowledgeable consumers.