1. What was the music scene like where you grew up, and what's it like in Indianapolis now?
The music scene growing up in Muncie, IN was challenging for me. I wanted to go out and do bigger things than I was allowed to in high school. I had to sit and watch a few opportunities pass by before I made my own money and did my own things.
2. What do you think has helped you to find fans all over the world, such as your current success in India?
Finding global success for your music in today's industry only comes from investing in yourself. I have invested in promotions out of my own pocket and built up my brand name from the ground up. I always set bigger goals than my competition and have worked my ass off to accomplish them.
3. As an independent artist, how are mixtapes important for you in connecting with listeners?
Mixtapes are very important to me. A mixtape is a direct connection with my fans. We can give the fans the music they want to hear and for free. I am looking forward to completing my next mixtape and premiering it on Datpiff.com & WorldStarHipHop.com.
4. What inspired you to include a hashtag in the title of your current single, "#WORK"?
I would say accessibility. We got over 10,000 retweets in a few hours on "#WORK." It is just one of those things where I made an executive decision about and ran with it. "#WORK" also topped the trends for #nowplaying two days in a row with over 12,000 retweets.
5. Do you have any tips for other artists seeking to break out on Twitter?
I would say just make a direct connection with each fan. No person is too small to say "Thank you" to. A small investment of your time in creating personal interactions can go a long way.
Thanks, T-time Music!