Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Meet T-time Music, Independent Music Artist

T-time Music is an up-and-coming independent artist who has been making a lot of noise in the press as of lately. T-time Music was trending in India the first week of January after his single release "#WORK" gained 22,000 views in a matter of 24 hours. He will be shooting and releasing the official music video via the online news source World Star Hip Hop in March along with his mixtape release.

Watch the video for "#WORK" on YouTube, and follow T-time Music on Twitter for his latest news. He has over 100,000 Twitter followers and is trending on Twitter.

1. What was the music scene like where you grew up, and what's it like in Indianapolis now?

The music scene growing up in Muncie, IN was challenging for me. I wanted to go out and do bigger things than I was allowed to in high school. I had to sit and watch a few opportunities pass by before I made my own money and did my own things.

2. What do you think has helped you to find fans all over the world, such as your current success in India?

Finding global success for your music in today's industry only comes from investing in yourself. I have invested in promotions out of my own pocket and built up my brand name from the ground up. I always set bigger goals than my competition and have worked my ass off to accomplish them.

3. As an independent artist, how are mixtapes important for you in connecting with listeners?

Mixtapes are very important to me. A mixtape is a direct connection with my fans. We can give the fans the music they want to hear and for free. I am looking forward to completing my next mixtape and premiering it on Datpiff.com & WorldStarHipHop.com.

4. What inspired you to include a hashtag in the title of your current single, "#WORK"?

I would say accessibility. We got over 10,000 retweets in a few hours on "#WORK." It is just one of those things where I made an executive decision about and ran with it. "#WORK" also topped the trends for #nowplaying two days in a row with over 12,000 retweets.

5. Do you have any tips for other artists seeking to break out on Twitter?

I would say just make a direct connection with each fan. No person is too small to say "Thank you" to. A small investment of your time in creating personal interactions can go a long way.

Thanks, T-time Music!

1 comment:

  1. proud of u T- Time i been following u a long time i would love for u to write a song for your nana Joella Grow she was so hopeing u would make a song for her she was my best friend in the whole world and spoke very highly of u and was a very proud grandma just so u know but anyway a big shout out to u great job on work i love it ...

    ReplyDelete