Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Meet Celeste Thorson, Actress, Model, Writer, and Director

The beautiful, young actress Celeste Thorson has been seen on TV shows like How I Met Your Mother, The Exes, and Jimmy Kimmel Live. With creative talent behind the scenes, she has also written 24 episodes of television, seven new media episodes, and three short films. Aside from winning her a cameo in a Rolling Stones music video, her model looks have earned her campaigns for Paul Mitchell, Yoplait, Sprint, and many other top clients along with magazines and billboards worldwide.

Learn more about Celeste on her official Facebook page, as well as her page at the Internet Movie Database.

1. How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?

I was inspired to work in the entertainment industry after collaborating with artists, photographers, and directors from around the world. I just became so motivated to create something new every day and express my artistic aspirations through art in many mediums. Now I perform on camera as well as developing ideas as a screenwriter and director.

2. What do you enjoy most about writing for film and TV, and what do you find most challenging about it?

I enjoy taking a creative idea or story and bringing it to life. It's so fulfilling and exciting to see how it will grow. It's awesome to collaborate with many different artists in production and see them do what they love and put their stamp on it. It can be challenging to satisfy the expectations and timelines of production, but it's even more gratifying when you accomplish that goal.

3. What are a couple of behind-the-scenes aspects of modeling that people who see you in ad campaigns probably would never imagine?

I actually share a little bit of my personal behind the scenes stories on fashion diary at celestethorson.blogspot.com. I think most people don't realize it takes an army to put photoshoots and films or TV shows together. It also isn't always as glamorous as it often appears in the photo. Sometimes you see a gorgeous room, but in reality it's just a pretty set in a drafty warehouse. There are a lot of cheats in Hollywood, like if a dress doesn't fit in a photoshoot you may not zip it up in the back and just shoot from the front. Lots of Hollywood secrets involve duct tape.

4. Could you tell us about some of the projects you're currently working on?

I had a ridiculously good time filming Yogaphiles, an independent comedy series I wrote/produced/directed about a quirky class of L.A. yoga students that take life too seriously. We created some fun short episodes available at www.Yogaphiles.com, and more are rolling out Spring 2013.

5. How do you integrate your interests in activism with your busy career?

I love petitions and the idea of strength in numbers. One of my favorite hobbies is circulating petitions online to raise awareness and change policies. I like to tweet with fans to share causes and charities we're passionate about from @celestethorson. Activism will always be big part of my life and something I hope to share with others for as long as I'm able.

Thanks, Celeste!

No comments:

Post a Comment