1. What made you decide to start a social media business?
I love social media. I love figuring out what works to get people engaged. So, it made since to put what I love to use.
2. How did you choose to specialize in working with businesses related to crafting and jewelry making?
I love doing crafts and making jewelry in my spare time. However, health issues and issues with my hands keep me from doing it very often. It made sense to me to put my two loves together to form a business.
3. What do you think makes for good, engaging content when it comes to social media posts?
A combination of things. Videos and quotes from other parts of the internet, photos and links to your products, and general commentary.
4. If someone is posting regularly but finding that people don't seem to be interacting much with their posts, what are some strategies you might recommend?
Set up a social media schedule. Figure out what types of posts you want to post on what days. Then stick to the schedule. Find out what times of day work best for posting based on who is engaging.
5. For people who are just starting out in their craft-related business, what are your top three pieces of advice?
1. Set up your social media accounts so people can find you.
2. If you can afford it, hire someone to do your social media for you, so you have more time to focus on what you love.
3. Just keep at it.