Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Meet Brenda Kay Winters, Author

Brenda Kay Winters is an author who was born in Vernon, Texas. She has published her books on Nook, Kobo, and Amazon. So far, she has written over 175 books. Brenda currently lives in Austin, Texas and has one daughter, Emilie Mignon, who is also a author; Emilie wrote Just Another Red Riding Hood Story.

Check out Brenda's recent book on Springtime Landscaping and Gardening, and learn more about her and her work by visiting her Amazon author page.

1. Have you always been interested in writing?

I had exceptional teachers in my English and language arts classes all of my life. They made learning and writing fun. My first experience with writing was in an English class in junior high school and my teacher was helpful. He had us look up many words and write out the whole definitions, and I wrote a paper on the Lindbergh kidnapping case. I have not always been interested in writing, and I became a nurse at age 19, married, and had one daughter. I did not have the time to write.

2. When did you start publishing your books through online venues like Amazon, Kobo, and Nook?

The first books I published were with Blurb in 2012 just after my parents died to ease the pain. Then my brother, William Winters, died in 2014 of colon cancer, and I started writing books almost daily in 2015. It keeps me busy.

3. What will readers learn in your latest book, Springtime Landscaping and Gardening?

In my latest book, Springtime Landscaping and Gardening, my readers will learn how to improve their homes and enjoy flowers, and maybe even start a business.

I just finished a Romance Erotica novel that is over 700 pages long called Lust and Seduction in Texas; it is available on Nook and another one like it on Create Space will be out in a few days.

4. What is your process like when it comes to researching, writing, and finally publishing your books?

My process is to ask friends and family what they would like to read, and I go from there. I write on my computer and take notes. I keep a pad and pen next to my laptop and try to write about subjects I know about.

5. Were you surprised when your daughter started publishing as well? What advice have you given her--and what advice might you give other authors who want to follow your example of writing and publishing?

I was happy and surprised that my daughter Emiele Mignon (her pen name) has starting writing and publishing books on Amazon, too. She is a naturally gifted writer and author.

My advice to anyone about writing is to do it every day and write about things you know about, and take classes if you are able to in order to improve your writings.

Thanks, Brenda!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you to all of my readers and fans. I hope my books help your life to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to sell ten books a day as Mike needs eye surgery so he will not go blind. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete