Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Meet Areeb Yasir, CEO of compevo communications

Areeb Yasir is the CEO of compevo communications and has driven compevo's strategic growth since 2001 in the IT and hosting markets.

1. Why did you decide to start compevo communications?

I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur and anticipated this move from a very young age. I think I've always been interested in the business world. Going into the IT world was only natural because I've been obsessed with computing and technology since I was a child.

2. How has your business developed since you started the company in 2001?

Honestly I started small; we started by selling CD-R discs and offering tech support and basic consulting and web development to the local Vancouver, Canada area. Within a few years, we grew with clients around the world while offering a variety of IT services, hosting and software products under our many brands from multiple parts of the world, with a focus on Asia.

3. Why has cloud hosting become so popular?

Cloud hosting has become popular because of changes in society, namely where everything we do is connected and on-line.

It is only a natural response that services to support this new way of living from personal to business would drive exponential growth in a short period of time. However, with the Cloud, I may be biased but there are also many pitfalls in terms of security, reliability, and privacy that most firms and individuals have not understood or addressed.

4. What are the benefits to your international customers of having your servers based in Canada?

In Canada we do not have the Patriot act, yet we are still quite neutral in terms of routing to the whole world, so we bring a lot of benefits of being close to the US with slightly less government oversight and intervention. Canada has proven itself a politically and economically stable country throughout many world events and the financial crisis of 2008, so many firms see value in working with a Canadian company. With that said, many of our clients opt to host their data in China or Russia for enhanced privacy, so long as their operations are within the legal framework of their respective countries.

5. I noticed that your personal website offers quite a variety of content related to software, hosting, and more. How do you choose what to share on areebyasir.com?

Quite honestly it is a bit of a toss-up. If I have time to get on the blog and I'm in the middle of something or just completed a task, a lot of times I just blog and document what I did. I think it's also important to humanize yourself and stay grounded. At the end of the day whether we work for ourselves or work for someone else, all jobs have their pros and cons.

A lot of people say to me, "it must be great to be your own boss," and I'll chuckle and explain that in some, if not most ways, it is like having a large amount of bosses with high expectations and tight deadlines--not to say I don't find it all thrilling, but it's important at least for me to remember compevo is only here because of our customers and our dedication and innovation to cutting edge, reliable IT services.

Thanks, Areeb!

No comments:

Post a Comment