Our interview is with GTR's sound engineer, Salvo Riggi.
1. What do you provide artists at your studio?
We help artists by using the best equipment ever: universal audio analogue and digital equipment. Also, we work hard to keep our prices lower than all the other studios in Dubai. The important thing is that in addition to better prices, we offer better quality.
2. What made you decide to start GTR Recording Studio?
I was inspired to open GTR Recording Studio because music is one of the most amazing things in the world. It's something people can enjoy every day. The meaning of GTR is Good Time Recording.
3. How do you help artists reach a worldwide audience with their work?
In addition to recording music, we distribute the final product in more than 400 digital shops, including very high-traffic sites like iTunes.
4. What is the music scene like in Dubai, and what do you bring to the scene?
The music scene in Dubai is big because we have many solo artists and bands, so there is a demand for professional recording. The benefit that GTR Recording Studio offers is knowledge. For example, weknow all about frequency, and we have a qualified sound engineer. We work with the best machines ever, names like Universal Audio; we are using a Teletronix compressor, 1167 compressor, lexicon reverb... It's our goal to give people the quality of analogues--a nice and warm sound.
5. What are some of your goals for GTR Recording Studio in 2015?
Our goal for 2015 is to see many of our up-and-coming artists go to the top of the charts!