Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Meet Linda Cadose, Author

Linda A. Cadose is a Registered Respiratory Therapist with 40 years of experience in her field. She grew up in Plymouth, MA and now lives in a retirement community in Carver, MA. She holds a B.A. degree from Boston University and a M.A. degree from Northeastern University. Linda is the author of two novels for middle grades readers, The Underwater Pyramid in the Bermuda Triangle and The Hidden Chamber in the Great Sphinx. Follow Linda on Twitter to keep up with her posts on archeology, writing fiction, and other interesting topics.

1. When did you first become interested in archeology?

I became interested in archeology in Mr. Sawyer's 6th grade Social Studies class. I was 12 at the time and I was fascinated with ancient Egypt. As an adult, I traveled to Egypt and visited all the archeological sites when I was there.

2. Could you tell us about the research involved in writing your two novels?

When I did the research for my novels, I was particularly interested in the fact that the ancient Egyptians possessed advanced technologies. For example, when a photograph of the face of the Ramses II statue was inserted into a graphics program, it was discovered that the left side of the face of Ramses II was the exact mirror image of the right side of the face. This cannot be done with a mallet and chisel. Mainstream archeologists maintain that the ancient Egyptians had only primitive tools. To do my research, I took notes on such books as The Giza Prophecy, The Giza Power Plant, and Lost Technologies of the Ancients. My second novel is based on the discovery of a sunken city of the coast of Cuba in 2000.

3. What inspired you to write for an audience of middle grade readers?

I have a nephew who didn't like to read when he was in the middle school. I got the idea that an action/adventure novel with many scientific and historical facts would entice a middle grade reader to read.

4. What are the particular challenges in writing for younger readers rather than for adults?

The writer must be careful not to write above the child's reading level. The writer must carefully explain things; a middle grade reader does not have an adult's broad knowledge of the world.

5. Are you working on more books which will incorporate archeological themes?

Yes, I am currently working on a third novel which takes place on the Holy Land.

Thanks, Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment