Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Excerpt from Broken Shells by Elizabeth Curcio

In her book, Broken Shells: let adversity create beauty in you, Elizabeth Curcio presents a collection of photographs she took of broken shells that she found, published alongside inspirational words of wisdom, including quotes from Scripture.

The photos and text below are copyright Elizabeth Curcio, 2009.

As I was walking along the shore one day, I asked the Lord if I could find a pearl in a shell. Instead, He gave me words of wisdom and broken shells. --- When you are broken, a mosaic I can use. Your adversities are My universities. Think of your weaknesses as gifts.--- I love finding shells but I rarely find one that is not broken. So I started looking for broken shells and found many. Broken shells worn down by adversity, pounded by waves and weather; rounded edges and beautiful. Let adversity create beauty in you.

My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor. 12:9

No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearl, for the price of wisdom is above rubies. Job. 28:18

Broken Shells is available for purchase in paperback format on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment