Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Meet Katia Sarti, Owner of DeSarti Boutique

DeSarti Boutique is online-only store that sells (plus size) clothing dedicated to curves. The shop offers cool and casual clothing to appeal to women of all ages. Their clothing ranges from dresses to pants to tops and tees. Learn more at http://www.desarti.com/. Our interview below is with the shop's owner, Katia Sarti.

1. How did Desarti first get started?

I'm a marketer by trade (but a fashionista by heart) and worked in corporate America for nearly 10 years, until one day, I no longer had a job. I immediately thought, "Why not start my own business?" Truthfully, I've always wanted to have my own business, and the perfect opportunity presented itself. What a blessing in disguise. I love fashion, and I love women. I saw an opportunity to combine both and do something I can be proud of.

2. How do you choose the items to sell in your shop?

It takes us a great deal of time to find clothes that we like and know will be well-received. That's why we don't have a very large selection. We go to market to meet new vendors and brands, and the ones we like most, we develop a special relationship with them.

3. Would you tell us a little more about the military discount you offer?

It's a small gesture to thank our active and retired troops for their immense courage and for all they do for our country. We offer them and their families an everyday 15% off discount on all orders. All they have to do is to verify their information on our page, www.desarti.com/pages/military-discount, which is powered by SheerID, and they'll receive the coupon immediately.

4. What are some of your favorite designs when it comes to plus-sized clothing?

My favorites designs are the ones that flatter in the right places. I love our tunics, which flow nicely on the body and also gives you shape. Our dresses are like that as well. We are always looking at the right fit, so everything in our store is meant to flatter in the right places.

5. What is your advice to others who want to break into the fashion retail market?

My advice to anyone wanting to start a business in this field, or any other, would be to:

1) make sure you're passionate about what you're selling: it will make your "selling" pitch a lot less like selling

2) and make sure you have someone on your side, whether a partner, a friend or family member who believes in you and will give you support during the difficult times. We all need a cheerleader when things get rough.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment